Barnsley-based video production company Deadline Digital is looking for a Production Intern / Assistant Video Journalist
Video production company Deadline Digital is looking for candidates to join its team.
Deadline Digital specialises in video journalism, corporate films, video news releases and documentaries on behalf of a range of organisations including government, local authorities, NHS trusts and the education sector across the UK. Based in Barnsley’s prestigious Digital Media Centre, we also work with select private and third sector clients.
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated and good communicators, who are able to work confidently and independently to help us tell our clients’ stories in a concise and impactful way.
Initially we are looking for individuals to join us on a short term intern basis. However, we are looking to expand our team in the near future and therefore there will be strong potential for successful candidates to be offered a full-time paid role at the end of their internship.
Please view these testimonials from some of our former interns which may give you a clearer idea of what you can expect:
The primary aspects of the role will involve supporting the team in the filming and editing of video projects, as well as helping out with any other office and administration support tasks as required.
The breakdown of duties will include the following elements:
- Filming interviews and cutaway footage using cameras such as the Canon C-100, 6D and DJI Osmo Pro, as well as drones such as the DJI Phantom.
- Editing video footage using a variety of software such as Final Cut Pro X.
- Interviewing clients and contributors, writing interview questions and using journalistic skills to bring out the best possible story.
- Social media engagement, producing content for our digital channels and ensuring that regular posts are made via twitter, facebook etc.
- Office support including answering the phone, dealing with mail and greeting guests, as well as any other administrative tasks required.
The Candidate / Required Skills
Our ‘wish list’ for the ideal candidate is as follows – however please note that we are not necessarily looking for candidates who are strong in every one of these areas. Full training and ongoing support will be provided to help you build upon and develop these skills where necessary:
- Ability to use a video camera.
- Familiarity with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro X.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer relations experience – both written and verbal.
- Experience with all major social media platforms.
Above all, we are looking for candidates who are keen to learn new skills and develop existing ones. Stand-out candidates will be proactive, confident and able to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV, as well as a cover email explaining your suitability for the role, together with links to any showreel or examples of video that you have produced, to our Head of Video, Jay Christopherson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.